last revised May 30, 2017/ DC
- General Sites
- Human Rights & Humanitarian Law
- International Criminal Law
- International Environmental Law
- International Trade & Financial Law
- Law of War
- Private International Law
- Regional International Law
- Transnational Business Law
- Treaties & Conventions
- United States Practice
- ASIL Guide to Electronic Resources for International Law (American Society of International Law)
- EISIL: Electronic Information System for International Law (American Society of International Law)
- Foreign & International Law (Washburn Univ.)
- GlobaLex (Hauser Global Law School Program, New York Univ.) Includes research guides on various aspects of international law.
- International Court of Justice. The "Cases" portion of this site provides full text of judgments, orders, and pleadings for the contentious cases , and opinions and other documents in advisory proceedings.
- International Judicial Monitor archive of a free bimonthly newsletter
- International Law Association
- International Law Library (World Legal Information Institute)
- Internet Law Library: Treaties & International Law
- United Nations International Law page
- WorldCourts.com. Decisions of Permanent Court of International Justice (1922-1940); and some decisions of Central American Court of Justice (1907-1918) and International Commissions of Inquiry (1904--).
Human Rights & Humanitarian Law
- Corte Interamericana de Derechos Humanos
- Derechos Human Rights: Equipo Nizkor. Site includes extensive legal documentation.
- European Court of Human Rights
- European Court of Human Rights decisions (at British & Irish Legal Information Institute)
- Execution of Judgments of the European Court of Human Rights (Council of Europe)
- Human & Constitutional Rights (at Columbia Law School Library)
- Human Rights Library (Univ.of Minnesota) (includes English translations of some caselaw of Inter-American Court of Human Rights and Inter-American Commission of Human Rights)
- Human Rights Watch site includes many background reports.
- International Humanitarian Law (Int'l Commission for the Red Cross: War & Law): includes databases of treaties & documents from 1856 forward, and of customary international humanitarian law.
- Minerva Humanities Center(Tel Aviv University)
- Open Society Justice Initiative "pursues law reform activities grounded in the protection of human rights"; site includes full-text reports.
- Project Diana: Online Human Rights Archive at Yale Law School
International Criminal Law
- International Criminal Court
- International Criminal Tribunal for Former Yugoslavia
- International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda
- International Criminal Law (ASIL Guide to Electronic Resources) / by Gail Partin.
- The Special Court for Sierra Leone
International Environmental Law
- Center for International Environmental Law
- IISD Linkages (International Institute for Sustainable Development)
International Trade & Financial Law
- GATT (General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade) Documents
- International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes (site includes case decision texts)
- International Claims and Investment Disputes (U.S. Department of State). Includes NAFTA Investor-State Arbitrations and Bilateral Investment Claims.
- International Investment Arbitration & Public Policy (Osgoode Hall Law School) - includes searchable database of investment treaty cases and information on individual arbitrators.
- NAFTA (North American Free Trade Agreement)
- Organisation for Economic Co-operation & Development
- Scoreboard of Adherence to Transnational Arbitration Treaties (Institute for Transnational Arbitration)
- Trade Agreements negotiated by U.S. Trade Representative
- United Nations Commission on International Trade Law (UNCITRAL)
- WorldTradeLaw.net. Includes World Trade Organization legal texts and cases.
- World Trade Organization:
Law of War
- The Laws of War (The Avalon Project at Yale Law School). Includes Geneva and Hague conventions.
- Review of Legality of Weapons under International Law (Army Regulation 27-53)
- A U.S.-Led War on Iraq: Legal Issues (at Columbia Law School Library)
Private International Law
- Hague Conference on Private International Law (includes texts of Hague conventions)
- Private International Law (U.S. Department of State)
- UNIDROIT (International Institute for Unification of Private Law)
Regional International Law
Organization of American States
- CISG (Convention on Contracts for International Sale of Goods), annotated library (Pace Univ. School Law, Institute of International Commercial Law)
- Incoterms (by International Chamber of Commerce) - gives concise definitions of the Incoterms.
- LexMercatoria.org. Extensive site covering international trade and commercial law.
- Trans-Lex.org (University of Cologne) - Includes the TransLex Principles ("New Lex Mercatoria"); national commercial legislation; international conventions; uniform laws; arbitration & mediation rules; historical materials on the law merchant.
Treaties & Conventions
- FLARE Index to Treaties (Institute of Advanced Legal Studies) -- "key multilateral treaties from 1353 forward and key bilateral treaties from 1353 to 1815."
- Multilateral Conventions (Fletcher School)
- United Nations Treaty Collection
- United States Institute of Peace
- Treaty Affairs (U.S. Department of State), includes current Treaties in Force, Treaty Actions 1997 to date, TIAS 1996 forward, and texts of agreements reported to Congress 1997 forward.
- World Treaty Index: " An electronic treaty database spanning the 20th century."
United States Practice in International Law
- Digest of International Law (U.S. Department of State): Digest of United States Practice in International Law, 1989 forward.
- Foreign Relations of the United States (1861-1960) (Univ. of Wisconsin Digital Collections)