Last Updated: Feb 2, 2016
The New Jersey Rules of Court provide a detailed overview of all aspects of court procedures, filings, timelines, and rules of professional and judicial conduct. The version published by Gann Law Books has been officially adopted by the New Jersey Courts and is the source to use if possible. The New Jersey Court Rules are also available via Lexis and Westlaw.
- Model Civil Jury Charges
Published by the New Jersey Judiciary, the model civil jury charges create a framework for building jury instructions. They are merely models and do not have the force of law.
- Model Criminal Jury Charges
Published by the New Jersey Judiciary, these are model jury charges for all New Jersey Criminal offenses. They are merely a model and do not have the force of law.
This is a non-exhaustive list of resources for the New Jersey litigator. All are typically updated annually.
- Encyclopedia of New Jersey Causes of Action (NJLJ)
John J. Bannan. Available in print and via Lexis.
- Handbook of Civil Practice in the Courts of New Jersey (Bisel)
Robert A. McCarter, Andrew J. Rothman & Alissa Pyrich. Available in print.
- A Practitioner's Guide to New Jersey Civil Court Procedures (NJICLE)
Available in print, via Lexis, and via Bloomberg Law.
- Practical Skills Series: Municipal Court (NJICLE)
Samuel L. Sachs & Christopher G. Hewitt. Available in print, via Lexis, and via Bloomberg Law.
- Guidebook to Chancery Practice in New Jersey (NJICLE)
William A. Dreier, Paul A. Rowe & Andrea J. Sullivan. Available in print, via Lexis, and via Bloomberg Law.
- New Jersey Appellate Practice (Gann)
Jeffrey S. Mandel. Available at gannlaw.com.
- New Jersey Federal Practice Rules Annotated (Gann)
Allyn Z. Lite. Available in print and at gannlaw.com.
- Gibbons on Federal Practice in New Jersey (NJICLE)
John J. Gibbons & Richard S. Zackin. Available in print, via Lexis, and via Bloomberg Law.
- New Jersey Rules of Evidence Annotated (Gann)
Available in print and at gannlaw.com.
- New Jersey Trial Evidence and Procedure (NJLJ)
Andrew J. Kyreakakis. Available in print and via Lexis (under the title "Integrated New Jersey Procedure and Evidence").
- New Jersey Trial & Evidence (NJICLE)
Richard F. Brennan et al. Available in print and via Lexis.