Skip to Main Content
- International Treaties: Universal application (e.g. Int’l Convention on the Rights of the Child), or regional (e.g. African Charter on Human and People’s Rights).
- Customary international law: The Universal Declaration of Human Rights. Topics vary; broad or narrow.
- Soft law: UN resolutions, decisions of human rights bodies, non-binding treaties, etc.
- Soft law has a high possibility to become hard law lik customary international law like UDHR and treaties.
- Cases: International or national
- Country Reports: From IGOs, NGOs, and Governments
- Opinions of Highly Qualified Publicists: Most secondary sources such as treatises and Articles