Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- Justia Dockets & Filings [beta] Interface for searching and browsing listings of federal District Court and Court of Appeals cases from 2004 forward; includes downloaded free opinions, and direct links to the cases in PACER.
- PACER Service Center. Includes PACER documentation, PACER registration, and links to the PACER sites of the individual Courts of Appeals, District Courts, and Bankruptcy Courts
- PACER Case Locator (PACER login required). Nationwide search by party name or case number; for Appellate or Civil cases, also allows search by Nature of Suit.
- PACER Nature of Suit Codes (list in HTML at 2nd Circuit)
- PACER: New Jersey District site ("U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey, [LIVE] Document Filing System") Includes written opinions, approximately 2005 forward, viewable without charge by users of PACER. After logging in with PACER login, click "Reports," and choose the option "Written Opinions." (To acquire a PACER account, go to the PACER Service Center.)
- RECAP Archive: Free access to some U.S. District Court and Bankruptcy Court case documents.
- U.S.Courts Links Page To get link to a District Court website, click on the map; in resulting list, click on the link under "Location"; resulting display includes link to court's website. Opinion availability varies among Districts.
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey, Opinions, Oct.1998-- (at Rutgers-Newark Law Library) Caution: this site does not include all opinions issued by the court during the period of coverage.
- Federal District Court Civil Trials (Inter-University Consortium for Political & Social Research). Database of about 3.7 million federal district court cases terminated July 1978 to Sept.1997; can generate statistics including duration, win rates, median & mean award amounts, based on case category, date, district, trial mode, & other variables.