Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- Casetext, Free legal research database including Supreme Court cases, Federal Circuit Court of Appeals cases (1925--), and Federal District Court cases (1925--).
- CORNELL LII Supreme Court page includes cases 1990 forward and selected historic cases.
- Findlaw has U.S. Supreme Court cases from 1760 forward
- HeinOnline U.S. Supreme Court Library (Rutgers-restricted access). Decisions from 1754 forward, including slip opinions (though not quite as current as the Supreme Court site); also has monographs and periodicals concerning the Court and its decisions.
- JUSTIA.COM U.S. Supreme Court Center. Decisions from 1759 forward, searchable and browsable, easy to use.
- Ravel Law, Case law database with cases from the Supreme Court, Circuit Courts, Federal District Courts, and state courts. Requires creation of an account but has a free option for basic case law databases.
- SCOTUS BLOG Archive: Orders & Opinions, October 2007 forward; may have bench opinions posted before slip opinions are on the Supreme Court site.
Briefs, Arguments, & Other Information on Supreme Court Cases
- Oral Arguments - includes transcripts from 2000 term forward, and audio from 2010 term forward (on U.S. Supreme Court web site)
- Briefs in U.S. Supreme Court cases, Oct.1999 Term forward (at Findlaw)
- Dates of U.S. Supreme Court Decisions . . . 1791-1882 Table supplying decision dates omitted from original reports.
- The Oyez Project, Northwestern University Includes audio recordings of the arguments at the U.S. Supreme Court, and extensive biographical information on the current Justices.
- SCOTUS BLOG (Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP): news, commentary and analysis of the Supreme Court.
- The Supreme Court Database Includes case-centered and justice-centered datasets, for cases from the 1946 term forward, analyzable online or downloadable.
- Preview of U.S. Supreme Court Cases (American Bar Association, Division for Public Education). The full current Preview is available by subscription. The public web site includes: selected articles from the current issue; archived issues from Oct.2007 to May 2008; briefs in argued cases from 2003-04 term forward.
- Voices of American Law (at Duke University School of Law). For a dozen-and-a-half important Supreme Court cases, this site supplies video interviews with one or more parties; for some of the cases, the site includes joint appendices or trial transcripts, complaints and judgments.